The Coastal districts of Tamil Nadu & Puducherry have NILAM (or Neelam) cyclone warning on Tuesday that called blue earlier due to deep depression formed in the Bay of Bengal is anticipated to cross Nagapattinam.
Here the latest development of Cyclone NILAM
- The high pressure sea depression of Bay of Bengal created the cyclone Nilam now moving towards the state of Tamil Nadu to strike the land.
- The states of Tamil Nadu & Andhra Pradesh preparing for cyclone neelam.
- A color name cyclone blue is setting at 500 km south-southeast of Chennai & 100 km east-northeast of Trincomalee in Sri Lanka.
- The coastal nagapattinam and nellore will have Cyclone Nilam crossing by tomorrow evening getting heavy rainfall.
- The neelam wind may reach upto 100 km per hour upon reaching land.
- All schools and colleges in Chennai were declared holiday and closed due to raining all day
- The temporary relief venues like 280 corporation government schools, 4 community kitchens are ready already by the workforce of Chennai Corporation Commissioner Dr D Karthikeyan, field officials, police and corporation authorities
- The low-lying districts of Chennai, Kanjipuram and Thiruvallur in Tamil Nadu, and Nellore district in Andhra Pradesh might go inundated.
- For the next twelve hours there will be rainfall over coastal Tamil Nadu & Puducherry.
- There is warning for Fishermen in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and south Andhra Pradesh coasts.
Cyclone Neelam Live Telecast Video Here